Facial oils and combinational skin? let's just say I've been a bit weary about trying them. But after all the talk about them scattered over the blogisphere, i thought i'd take the plunge and try a cheap(ish) one. The 'cheapish' one being the Super Facialist by Una Brennan Rose Hydrate Miracle Makeover Facial oil. Now the reason for it being cheapish because it didn't exactly break the bank, but with only 30ml of product I just don't quite feel satisfied but que sera sera.
As aforementioned, not only do I have a slight combinational skin problem but my chin can be quite rather spot prone, so I try to avoid putting products there that provide moisture for obvious reasons. I rub a pump of this oil between my fingers to warm it up, them massage it into my face (bar chin) in circular movements as a pre cleanse treatment. Then wipe it away with a muslin cloth, that simple. Although the rose oil breaks down my makeup well, I feel I need to use another cleanser just for reassurance that I have got every smidge off but it's not really necessary.
I do try to stay clear of using this oil daily, mainly because I don't feel like my skin is that lacking in moisture, but I also don't want to up my 'oiliness levels'. The rose scent can be quite overpowering, something to be weary of if you're not into fragranced products (I'm not really either, but this smells amazing I just can't resist).
As far as my first facial oil goes I am very impressed, it leaves my skin feeling well nourished and hydrated (like 4 litres of water a day hydrated). The Rose Hydrate Miracle oil is by far becoming a staple in my skincare routine and has definitely tempted me to branch out into trying some more luxurious oils.
Have you tried any facial oils, what did you think of them?

No comments
Post a Comment