Monday, 20 July 2015

THE BURBERRY BEAUTY REVIEWS





If theres one thing that draws me to a splurge it is a multi use product.The Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base can be used in multiple ways: as a a illuminating primer, mixed into foundation, blended into eyeshadow and as a highlight. But I switch between the uses of a primer and a highlight, sometimes both if I'm feeling extra glowy. 

You could say my makeup collection was lacking in the glam Burberry packaging department until this beauty was added. Three quarters of the bottle is covered in the established tartan pattern on a mirrored surface, and the rest plastic, great quality, but can get grubby very quickly (Damn you foundation finger prints!) However despite the beauty, daren't I say it, I was left quite unimpressed.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I didn’t like the product, because I do, but for the price, I’ve used many similar products which I prefer and are and cheaper. The consistency just wasn’t quite what I was looking for, it is very watery yet dries matte on the skin. Although the matte feeling finish there is no way oily skin would stand a chance with this, it seams to create oiliness in my skin that I didn't even know could get oily. Now without getting too bitchy, something that I am head over heals with is the shimmer, it is so finely milled being invisible to the eye, yet creates such a incandescent sheen to the skin. 


Now high end mascaras are something I don't really dabble in too often, so lets just say that the lady and the counter was doing her job bloomin' well.

I found I had to play around with the technique when applying. Once the mascara had completely dried, my lashes would drop to a 90 degree angle, something that I’ve never experienced before. Although this could have been overcome by a decent pair of eyelash curlers, again for the price, I don't think I should have to ‘make it work’. Other than this the formula and wand was on point, the blackness, the lengthening, the volume, and the decluttering. The formula does not bleed below the lashes which is an essential with any mascara (watery eye probs), yet still comes of with a light cleanser. 

I think I’m a drugstore mascara girl at heart and am better off sticking with what I know. I’m not ruling out Burberry Beauty in the future, but for now I think I’ll be spending my pennies elsewhere and read proper reviews before impulse buying. Have you tried any Burberry beauty? What did you think? 
follow me on:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© S H E E R B E A U T I F U L . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig